Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Motoi Yamamoto

I thought this artist was really cool. One of my classmates in Advance photography presented him as his artist share. I really like his work and his story behind why he did his work. I want to do something along this concept, of "in memory of". Motoi Yamamoto does these performances in memory of his sister, which passed away. However I am unsure of how to do it. I have lost 3 main people in my life in the last couple of years that I really miss and that meant a lot to me. I know that it is a part of life that everyone loses someone that really means something to them. I want to do some sort of installation or performance of some sort that is "in memory of" for all the people that have lost someone.

Here is some more of his work:
http://www.motoi.biz/english/e_top/e_top.html

3 comments:

  1. Here is an article on the Washing of the Dead which I found insightful:

    http://www.tsmmedia.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=700:the-muslim-custom-of-bathing-the-dead-she-found-a-deep-sense-of-reward-and-shaved-off-40-sins&catid=55:interesting-stuff&Itemid=73

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also this article on a "gypsy" grave deviates from your concept, but is relevant due to subject matter, and might be interesting in terms of thinking of a space for your piece.

    http://pufone.org/blog/gypsy-grave/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks. I thought the gypsy grave was pretty interesting. I think with the Muslim Burial I am just using the aspect of the cloth

    ReplyDelete