Monday, February 14, 2011

Subversive Guerrilla Art 2

Took the ol' box out for a spin a second time on Thursday, and the thing for which I was waiting finally occurred: a cop stopped me and asked me what I was up to! I explained that it was an art project, and though he apparently decided that I was a harmless student and not a terrorist, he nevertheless told me to "wrap it up" because I was "spooking people." I of course didn't argue that it was just an empty box and nothing to be afraid of, but rather called it a day. After all, the statement on the box became undeniably true, so I had nothing left to prove.

Again, I was unable to get this incident on camera because I was walking at the time, the camera was in my pocket, and I certainly didn't want to make a move for my pocket while getting stopped by cops. I plan to have the fully edited video done by Thursday, then I suppose I ought to come up with a new project.

Oh, and it might be hard to see in these small images, but one is of a cop nudging the box with his foot (not the same cop who stopped me) and the other is the box next to a trash can, which is where the cop placed it after inspecting it.

No comments:

Post a Comment